Saturday, December 13, 2008

My visit to the United States

Off I am to yet another trip to the United States.

As I await my boarding announcement I got a few moments to post this blog from the wonderful lounge at the majestic Hyderabad International Airport. It is truly a fascinating airport at par with the best in the world with regard to style and amenities. It is a totally different world in comparison to the old airport. Although the journey to the new one is significantly longer than to the old one, which was basically in the heart of the city.


However, once at the airport, at every point there is a marked difference to the old one. To start with, there are a large number of brand new trolleys waiting by the 'drop off' zone. Once in the terminal, there are several counters for every airline with the most courteous staff guiding anyone needing assistance. After checking in the immigration is also a pleasant surprise as the 10 odd counters (against 3-4 of the old airport) make people breeze by in no time. The well stocked duty free welcomes every passenger after which there is a long isle with eateries and shops on one side and a seating area on the other. The lounge is very well done and has a good selection of food and drinks; a few lap tops for those wishing to browse the net (from where I type presently) and also a shower area.

Well.......that was just my boarding call. So got to go. Will keep you on track with the rest along my journey.

No comments: