Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Marketing guys have no hours

Work's never been as busy. Working hours have gone berserk.

I was never a person that complained that there was too much work. I have always been one to drill it in the head of my fellow colleagues that the work MUST be completed by the end of the day no matter how late it is. I do agree that being in marketing there is a lot more responsibilities riding on one's shoulders and therefore one has to put in a lot more time and efficiency. I enjoy being busy and get mentally and physically sick when there is nothing to do. I enjoy working late. Leaving the office late in the evening when almost everything is closed gives me a kick. A kick out of life and well.....a kick literally at home from my wife ;)

I realized a funny thing last week which I wanted to share. For a very long time I used to come back home from work at around 7 or 7-30 in the evening. My wife always kept telling me to come early. From the past few weeks I started coming back around 8 or 8-30. My wife was very angry and told me to come at least by 7 or 7-30. The whole of last week I came back at around 11 or 11-30. My wife was furious and told me that I should come early by 9 at least ! The definition of early went from coming before 7 to coming by 9 ! I know though that I cannot take this theory any further as I would surely be thrown out of the house !

No comments: