Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 !!

I'm happy to be back on this page. Its been a while. To the millions of my wonderful fans I would like to apologize for this (unintentional) break.



What a year 2009 was ! Actually, that goes for every year. Every year comes n goes n yet we exclaim 'What a year' ! There were several highs in the year in different fields. It was a year when India gave a decisive mandate to 'Good Governance'. A year when the equity markets gave investors one of the best returns ever aggregating about 80%. A year when India became # 1 in the 'Real' (Test) cricket. Indian television scored over the box office. Reality TV trumped everything. IPL2 was a super hit, especially since the Deccan Charger delivered a class act from # 8 in the first season to # 1. Unfortunately, with highs come some lows as well. Andhra Pradesh lost a great leader in YSR. The state is bitterly split and on the verge of a collapse. Sex scandals involving high ranking police officials and even old time politicians came out in the open and shamed the entire nation.



For me it was a year of change though. A year when I was able to convince my bosses that I couldn't live out of a suitcase anymore. A year where my weight was directly proportionate to the sensex - went down the first few months and then no sign of reversal of the upmove !! The year ended on a high (literally). I realized what a great dancer I was....or was it the Vodka ;) I contemplated participating in Dance India Dance show but later backed out as the organizers refused consumption of alcohol on the show !



Twenty 10 - hope the year is as spunky as the way its pronounced !

No comments: