Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Hyderabad......Its Hot, literally !

For the handful of my elite readers I would like to apologize for not posting anything in a long time. Things have been extremely busy. Went for another trip - this time to Chicago for about two weeks. I have decided to give the travel postings a break as my blog is turning into a travel journal.


Well, coming back from the 5 odd degrees in Chicago to the 45 odd degrees in Hyderabad was as extreme as it gets. What a change this has been. This is what I had been experiencing for several of my trips. I talk like an American....no no, not the accent but about the weather. I can't stop complaining about the heat in India in general and Hyderabad in particular.


I remember during one of my flights back to India I landed in Mumbai from Frankfurt flying on Lufthansa. While off boarding I came a couple of feet from the legendary Sachin Tendulkar ! He was accompanied by his wife and a friend. While getting off the plane he commented - "This is called a WARM welcome".


The day after I got back I started to look for air conditioners for my living cum dining room. Contrary to normal homes, ours is the size of a football field. This would normally be a good thing. However, getting this 'football field' cool when the mercury hovers between 40 and 45 degrees Celsius is close to impossible. After a lot of comparing and fretting about budgets I finally decided to go in for an O General split AC. I heard a lot about this brand from several people and trusted their judgement. Although it is the most expensive among those that I saw, I went ahead with my purchase. Hope it lives up to its reputation.

No comments: