Friday, May 15, 2009

Aakasamantha - beauty in simplicity !


I have been a part of the audience for mostly Hindi flicks. Only once in a way when I've heard of a movie being very good, do I go watch a Telugu movie. I don't think I have ever watched a bad Telugu movie. Aakasamantha has ensured that this record is maintained. I am glad I watched this beautiful movie.



For starters, I enjoy Prakash Raj. I have seen a few movies of his and his very presence is a draw for me as a viewer. The movie is set in a small hill station town. It is a journey of a father and his daughter from birth until her marriage. The movie revolves between these two characters and thankfully doesn't stray. The feelings, reactions and upbringing of a father has been aptly displayed. Comic moments are present all through. There are many scenes that are wonderful but the best among the best are the ones when Prakash Raj slaps the mother when he mistakenly thinks she dropped hot water on his daughter; when he requests his daughter's principal to ask a few questions to him during the interview because he prepared; the introduction of the Sardarji damaad and many more.



The movie moves at a nice pace and with a length of a little over 2 hours, it is just perfect. All actors provide good support to the main lead, Prakash Raj. It is because of him that this good movie turns into a beauty. The only negative that could be pointed out is the music. This movie transcends all ages and linguistic barriers and is a must watch by one and all.



I would rate it 8 out of 10.

No comments: