Saturday, February 21, 2009

Going from family pack to 6 pack !

Workout n me have never gelled very well in my adult life.




I have been a regularly irregular visitor to gyms over the years. Initially, in the good olden days when I was thin I went to get some doley sholey. Over the last few years in a poor attempt to get a 6 pack I ended up with a family pack ! This led me to the gym to get those extra kilos off. I had never been regular which therefore never yielded any results.




I have, however, been very regular this time around. I have been so regular that the number of visits to the gym in my entire earlier life has been less than the number of visits in the last two months. I have now got hooked to the gym. The ambiance in the gym is very lively - fast beat music, pretty girls, etc. It inspires me to be regular and try and achieve more in each visit.




Now, the gym I go to has mirrors all over the wall. This gives the gym a larger feel. It also gives a seem less view of everybody in the gym. One common aspect of all gym goers is the way they look at themselves in the mirror. Everyone is fascinated with themselves. Seeing the muscles pop up each time a weight is lifted is the driver to go for another. The pouring sweat at the end of the workout makes me feel good about myself. The funny thing is that after each workout I try to see if my muscles have increased. Unconsciously, I think everyone does that.




The glass of fresh lime (sweet and salt) after my workout is just a fantastic way to wrap things up for the day.

No comments: