Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Day !!

I've often heard people crib about the various "Days" like Father's Day, Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, etc etc. The point used to crib is always WHY is there a day required. Why cant the feelings be expressed everyday or whenever needed.

I, however, strongly disagree with the WHY. Firstly, why shud anyone have any objection ? These "Days" are not thrust upon anyone. Everyone has the right to celebrate it or not. If they feel like wishing their father, mother or girlfriend everyday, great for them. However, in today's times people living in the same house also barely get to see one another forget about spending quality time. This dedicated "Day" serves as a reminder that lets give our father, mother or girlfriend, or whoever the appreciation they so deserve. Let's wish them and thank them for their love. In Karan Johar's words....Kal ho na ho !

One such "Day" is Thanksgiving. It is largely a day celebrated in the US. Thanksgiving in the US falls on the last Thursday of November. The occasion always turns into a Thanksgiving weekend. This is wonderful as it allows families and friends to make plans to meet the near and dear from far off places which would not have been otherwise possible with only a day's break. Thanksgiving brings people together to thank one another and celebrate relationships; celebrate life.

This Thanksgiving has a very special meaning for me personally. It is the time that I enter my final week working for Pokarna Limited. I have been associated with the company for almost 9 years and have wonderful memories. I took the opportunity to thank all  my colleagues who have guided and supported me over the years.

No comments: