Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Economist

Thanks to the quantum of my travel during my current job, I was honoured by Star Alliance with the Senator status. This gave me the luxury of using their lounges at various airports. During one such visit to one of their lounges I had a very long time to spend. As I normally did, I hit the bar.....for a diet coke (no kidding) and some snack. I watched TV for a while. After sometime when the news kept on repeating on TV I was forced to look for alternate sources of entertainment. That’s when I lay my hands on The Economist magazine.

The Economist, to me, until that point, was a boring magazine which I couldn’t read for more than a few minutes. However, I was completely hooked on to the mag from page 1. I simply loved the information and data provided. It made me feel so much more confident as a person to know what the heck is going on across the world. I then made it a habit to grab the copy of The Economist at every lounge I visited and even bought several copies.

A few months back The Economist was launched in India. There was a nice offer for subscription for a year which I obviously went for. I have been receiving my copy delivered to my door diligently every Monday. I simply enjoy reading it and try my best to read as much as I can. However, I realised soon that I am unable to devote much time to catch everything in the weekly before the next edition comes in. I have been struggling to keep up pace and have ended up with a back log of 4 weeks !! This back log refuses to go. I feel bad to see a copy come on a Monday when I have 4 weeks of reading stacked up. While I do hope to catch up every month, I strongly feel I will be on track before we hit 2011 !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dis blog actually made me curious about the economist even though it sounds so boring by its name... a convincing description..