Friday, September 11, 2009

'O dear....O'Hare' !!

The monitor on Chicago's O'Hare International airport for my flight to Toronto read 'Delayed'. The time of the delay was a good 2 hours. To me this is just one of the hundreds of instances when flights into and out one of the United States' busiest airports, were delayed. I always assume that there would be a delay on my flight departing from Chicago. This assumption is based on years of flying out of this airport. I remember only ONE instance when the flight departed 'On-Time'. I'm quite sure that that was a mistake as well. Honestly !! The rest of the times flights were always delayed.



I just don't get it. How can an airport function like this? I love the city Chicago and love to come here. But I hate to transit this airport coz of these delays. I get to the final destination late, exhausted and frustrated with the experience. One more aspect of this airport is the baggage handling. You can be assured your bags would be misplaced on a connecting flight IF the connection is close (less than 45 mins apart). I have been unfortunate to have this happen to me a couple of times.



I have no complaints against the 'windy city' and actually love it. It is amongst my favourite cities in the world. Only, there must be someone who could do something about this issue at O'Hare.

No comments: