Sunday, September 7, 2008

Whats Cooking ??

I've got to admit.....I would probably walkaway with Gold in the 'don't know how to cook' category.


For some reason, I never quite involved myself in the kitchen. My mom's a terrific cook and now, fortunately, so is my wife. As long as I got that sumptuous meal it never quite mattered what went on behind the scenes.

However, all of a sudden I decided to put a rest to all that today. I told my wife that I would be the chef today and she can 'help' me a little if she wanted. I went into the kitchen menacingly and took complete charge, all charged up. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I actually was curious about everything and wanted to know why this and why that. My wife brought me some veggies and basically guided me thru the entire time. Although she gave me instructions all the time about what goes in and in what proportion I was standing there all the time and....cooking. I had made, with the help of my wife, one of the finest 'Paneer Takatak' and 'Fried Rice' for dinner.


While we sat down for dinner my wife thanked me for the effort and admitted about me being the finest vegetable chopper in the world. Now thats a start....ain't it. I loved my first step in this direction. Not that I want to switch my job but when not busy from my work I would love to throw up a dish or two without my professional 'help' as well.

No comments: