Sunday, August 2, 2009

Would u like it with ice cream ?

I have been a big fan of the Cafe Frappe at the popular Cafe Coffee Day since years now. The wonderful taste of this drink at this joint hasn't changed over the years. I used to be so regular at one point when I would simply call n ask them to keep a frappe ready while I would go n just pick it up without having to wait.



In recent times however I have cut down my intake of the frappe and rarely visit Coffee Day. There is one innovative sales idea that some empty head at Coffee Day has come up with. I placed the order of the usual Cafe Frappe and was asked -"Do you want it with ice cream?" As I had not been frequenting it often I assumed that there were some changes in the manner it is made. The usual frappe was made with two scoops of Vanilla ice cream, a little milk, a small portion of coffee and two sachets of sugar. As I surely wanted it to have the same taste I answered in the affirmative. When the waiter brought my frappe, I was surprised to see an extra scoop of ice cream on the top of my frappe. I didn't complain. However, I understood the ploy when the check arrived. Those scoundrels had charged 25 bucks for that scoop of ice cream over n above the cost of the frappe.



Once bitten twice shy! On each of my subsequent visits to Coffee Day I have been faced with the same question by the waiter. Now, however, I make it a point to tell them that I want THE USUAL WAY IT'S MADE. I do not want to tell them NO and end up receiving the frappe WITHOUT any ice cream at all.

No comments: