Thursday, July 9, 2009

Rain rain come again.....I want my car to be clean again !


Gone are the days when there was domestic help always at hand. Domestic help in all fields are tougher to get today than a marketing executive or a software programmer. This is the classic case of demand outstripping supply by a huge margin. If domestic help was a stock I'd buy it all and see my profits soar.



I've had a beautiful car since a couple of years now and always had a car cleaner to keep it clean. Over the last year I've changed 4 or 5 cleaners, only one of whom I removed, the rest resigned....without any notice period (so much for professionalism). I wonder if this bunch had some sort of a convention they attend periodically, as they all had the same damned attitude. I would think twice or more to do anything that my boss wouldn't like and worry about my income all the time. However, these guys have no such worries. They don't turn up a few days every now and then and when we 'dare' cut their salaries for the days they didn't show up, they threaten to quit ! I paid them well.....well above what the normal rate in the market was. This was to ensure that my car was cleaned from within as well (as most of them only cleaned from the outside). All of them would initially agree but it would be a matter of time before they all went back to cleaning from the outside and leaving. The last guy quit because I spoke to him regarding both the above problems. I'm sure he would have found some other vehicle to clean almost immediately however I am yet to find another cleaner.



My poor car is bearing the brunt of this. I feel so sorry for the car when I see its beautiful shiny exterior all dusty and dirty. I feel sorry for the spots and mud inside. I try to clean it once a week but in a pollution filled city that ain't enough. I was happy with the rain recently helping me with the cleaning on the exterior but sadly rains have also dried up this season which makes my work all the more difficult.

No comments: